Welcome to Tom Hottenroth's 2008 letter
Over the past 8 years, I have been very pleased to be a Charter Member, board member, leader and now President of FCIA. My heart is really in this organization, and has been for many years.
Our board’s 2008 priorities include finishing the programs set forth by past boards, while growing membership with the great team at FCIA.
Here’s but a few things that FCIA has done, and means to me:
- Friendships – I’ve been very pleased to meet and enjoy relationships with many FCIA Contractor, Manufacturer and Associate Members from around the US and Canada.
- FCIA Committees – Our committees continue active. Take a look at the committee pages and see for yourself. This is one proactive group.
- FCIA Successes – FCIA’s outreach programs continue, with FCIA's Life Safety Digest Magazine, Enewsletters, Total Fire Protection Systems Symposiums, Compartmentation Symposium, Firestopping Education continue at important liaison organizations like CSI, ICC, CSC, and many, many others.
- FM Approval and UL Qualification Programs continue to grow in importance to FCIA Members and the construction industry we serve.
- FCIA Conferences continue to be the centerpiece of the industry.
As Mike Dominguez said last year, "We have a lot of good things going on...and more to come"… the same fact is true at FCIA.
For me, FCIA continues to serve the firestopping and effective compartmentation industry...as a resource, place for education, and most importantly, relationships.
If you are a member, thanks for investing in our industry development. Every member’s dues helps FCIA advocate the right things for our industry. If you are not a member, consider joining and making a difference. You will never regret it…
Tom Hottenroth, FCIA 2008 President