Legislative Committee Charter
The Legislative Committee monitors legislation of concern at local and national levels, that directly affect specialty firestop contractors, and the labor supply used by firms.
Objectives include, but not limited to:
1. Follow legislation for licensing by other trades who are invading firestopping, and organize FCIA Members in states locally to oppose/support legislation.
2. Organize legislation for FCIA Firestop Industry promotion.
3. Determine resource needs and report to FCIA's Board, to understand this area.
4. The committee reported on a move by the Insulation Trade in Ohio that had language requiring insulation experience for firestop workers. The Committee was successful at overturning this situation.
5. FCIA posted in the FCIA Enews a request to understand licensing requirements in other states.